St Ives photographs post 1950

Photos of St Ives post 1950

The Dolphin Hotel, late 1970s. Earliest know date 1594. Closed in 1968 and stood derelict until demolished and rebuilt 1985.

The Cherry Tree, St Ives
The Cherry Tree, Merryland, 1977. Earliest known date 1838. No longer a pub by 1924. After a fire the building was demolished.

The Greyhound, St Ives
The Greyhound, Carlisle Terrace, early 1970s. Earliest known date 1838. No longer a pub.

The Dun Horse, St Ives
The Dun Horse, Ramsey Road, early 1970s. Earliest known date 1790. Renamed The Aviator in 1992. Closed about 2014.

The Robin Hood, St Ives
The Robin Hood, Market Hill, early 1970s. Earliest known date 1728, probably much older. Originally split into two pubs. Closed an unused since 2012.

The Manchester Arms, St Ives
The Manchester Arms, Needingworth Road, early 1970s. Earliest known date 1838. No longer a pub.

The Black Bull, St Ives
The Black Bull, London Road, 1970s. Trading since the 1830s. No longer a pub.

St Ives railway station
St Ives railway station, 1950s.

St Ives railway station
St Ives railway station, 1950s

St Ives railway station
St Ives railway station, early 1970s, shortly before demolition.

No comments:

Post a Comment