Sybil, by Archie Naish

Sybil, by Archie Naish
Sybil loves to simmer all the summer by the sea,
And she moves along with music most sublime,
For all her trinkets jangle as they dangle on her bangle
In a tantalising tangle all the time.
All the fellows follow as she promenades the pier,
And try to catch the twinkle in her eye.
For Sybil's really ripping and they can't resist 'pip-pip-ing',
And only wait to whisper on the sly, 

Won't you spare a little kiss, now do.
One you wouldn't miss, or even two.
You've only caught a tinge yet of just how much I care,
Let me kiss you on the fringe-net it will help to curl your hair.
I think it would be nice, don't you, and really I'll be true.
Your lips are lovely Sybil, just a tiny little nibble.
Only one, now do.' 

But Sybil only says with just a simple little smile,
She doesn't flirt with fellows as a rule.
Still the weather's rather gusty, and he's really not so dusty.
He can take to the cafe in the cool.
So they sit and swallow ices till they both begin to freeze,
And he finds his money melting all away.
Though the temperature's at zero, he's a gallant little hero
And he sings to her the same sweet lay.

Won't you spare a little kiss, now do.
One you wouldn't miss, or even two.
You needn't tell the mater, it's a secret you can keep,
There's no one but the waiter, and he's just gone to sleep.
I've finished up my ice and so have you.
Don't you think it's time to woo?
A kiss would be a killer, now we're flavoured with vanilla.
Give us one, now do.' 

But Sybil's quite capricious, though she knows it's rather cruel,
And murmurs in a manner most superb,
'Now don't be getting waxy, you can take me in a taxi.
There's a cabby just careering round the kerb'.
He coyly sits beside her in a corner of the cab
While the meter measures eight-pence every mile.
Then growing rather bolder, lays his head upon her shoulder
As the driver fakes the figures on the dial.

Won't you spare a little kiss, now do.
One you wouldn't miss, or even two.
The taximeter's going, and I'm getting into debt.
There's two and fourpence owing and you haven't kissed me yet.
I think we'll have to stop, don't you, or I shan't be worth a sou.
I've only three and thruppence now it's ticked another tuppence.
Give us one, now do.

No comments:

Post a Comment



Designed & created by My Website St Ives. Get in touch for your own website.